I saw this done online, on a tin can, and I have wanted to try it ever since!
Yesterday at the dollar store, we picked up a pack of the foam sheets. I have to say that I was a little disappointed that the sheets were all different thicknesses.
We startedby cutting the foam into little squares. The kids had a tough time cutting the strips evenly, so I ended up cutting the long strips, and they cut them into squares. We used one of my paint palettes to keep the colours from mixing together.
Then, once I had all of the pieces glued down, I needed to leave the glue to dry for a couple hours. I decided to try to grout my mosaic first, just to make sure it actually works before the kids do theirs.