When we first moved into our house, Sam was about 3. Her room was painted a light purple, so I stuck up some decals, and bought a new quilt. Quick and easy. Here is a not so great photo.
When we finally got around to redecorating it, she wanted a pink and black cupcake theme. So we painted a wall black, I made her a quilt, and we made all pink and black accessories. Not quite so quick or easy, but I was really happy with the results.
Now she is in grade 7, we decided it was time for an update, so she picked a new paint colour, and comforter. We have taken a while to get going on the rest, but I thought I would share the project we finished this weekend.
We started with an old frame. This frame has had many lives! I bought it at a garage sale when John and I first moved in together, then I repainted the canvas. At one point I used the frame on our kitchen wall for calendar ant artwork. Here is what the front looked like..
But, Sam is not into the antiqued look, she liked the rustic look of the back of the frame.
Then I measured across the length of the mirror and added six screws, about eight inches apart. And, as you can sort of see in the photos, I used a silver thread to tie the lights in a loop around the screw before I tightened the screws.
Then, I flipped over the frame and used my handy glue gun to glue down all of the extra cords to the back of the frame. I also glued the battery packs to the side of the frame so the switched can be turned off and on.
We were really happy with the finished product. She can change the pictures when she wants too. It didn’t take a lot of time to do, but makes a big difference in the look of her room.